Battelle UK Limited (BUKL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Battelle Memorial Institute and is comprised of approximately 100 scientists and operates laboratory facilities in Chelmsford, Essex and Havant, Hampshire. We offer customers in the agrochemical and associated industries the opportunity to outsource the conduct of studies required to optimize the development of their products. Services include the following:
- Studies required for registration of life science products including pesticides, bio pesticides, pharmaceuticals and biocides.
- Dossier writing, expert support and advice needed to make a successful registration of a product.
- Invention and testing of novel pesticide and biopesticide formulations.
BUKL’s strategic goal is to provide first class laboratory, and regulatory services that add measurable value to our agrochemical customer’s products.
At its purpose built facility in Langstone Technology Park, Havant, BUKL uses modern formulation, analytical & testing equipment to develop & evaluate agrochemical formulations for clients from around the globe.
Battelle is dedicated to education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). We solve global challenges through contract research, lab management, STEM education, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
To find out more about Battelle and its activities please visit www.battelleuk.com.
We now have vacancies for two full time, permanent Formulation Chemists. These are career development opportunities to work with a team of experienced & industry renowned crop protection Formulation Chemists, and to work on a variety of technically challenging projects for our clients.
You will be responsible for the development and evaluation of new chemical, biopesticide & biostimulant formulations, plus there will be opportunities to conduct research into novel technologies aimed at meeting unmet industry needs.
- Qualified to at least BSc or MSc degree level, with a First or Upper Second Class Honours in Chemistry or a similar scientific discipline. A PhD in a relevant subject is an advantage.
- At least 7 years experience in the development of, preferably, crop protection formulations, although formulation development experience from other industry sectors, e.g. detergents, cosmetics & biocides, will be considered
- A proven track record of developing innovative solutions to complex formulation development challenges
- Excellent project management skills – delivering projects on time, and on budget
- Exceptional team working skills – liaising directly with clients, colleagues & suppliers
- Demonstrable skills in supervising, developing & mentoring less experienced staff
- Extensive experience of the requirements for safe working in a Chemistry laboratory, including COSHH & Risk assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act as a GLP Study Director for e.g. formulation phys-chem & storage stability studies
- Good IT skills
- Ability to use extensive knowledge & experience to identify research topics that may lead to patentable inventions benefitting both Battelle & it’s clients
- Well developed presentation skills, for use in discussions with clients and at conferences / seminars
On top of competitive salaries, Battelle UK Ltd offers an attractive set of benefits including flexible working hours, private health care and a stakeholder pension scheme.
The salary for this position will be negotiable, dependent on competencies & experience.
If you are attracted to the prospect of joining Battelle UK Ltd at this exciting time in its growth and development then please send a detailed CV with your application.
- Unity: We do what’s right for our customers, employees, our communities, and Battelle’s future - always with safety and integrity at the forefront of everything that we do.
- Creativity: We use our diversity and curiosity to rapidly deploy science and technology solutions for the world.
- Collaboration: We work together and are accountable to each other, taking personal responsibility for our customers’ and Battelle’s success.
- Excellence: We are defined by a winning spirit. Coaching each other to be at our best and acting with urgency to create a thriving organisation.
- Appreciation: We value one another and recognise each other’s contributions.