Battelle UK Limited (BUKL) are seeking to appoint a lead advisor for biopesticides to work primarily with clients who wish to submit an application for the approval of their biopesticidal active substances and products.
As part of our expansion program, an exciting opportunity exists for a person with experience in preparing EU submissions for the approval of biopesticide active substances to join our dynamic Regulatory Affairs team. Our talented and highly regarded team work on multiple projects within programs of work in pesticides and biocides.
We would like to hear from you if you have experience in preparing regulatory submissions for microbial biopesticides, experience in preparing submission for semiochemicals would be an advantage.
The appointment is suitable for a homeworker although attendance at our Chelmsford site in Essex, UK, would be expected when considered necessary for team or client face-to-face meetings. This role also requires you to be able to travel to other parts of the EU to attend client meetings.
Experience and skills
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in preparing approval and authorisation dossiers for microbial pesticidal active substances and for the authorisation of products based on these substances; in addition, experience in preparing approval submissions for semiochemicals would be highly advantageous.
- Have an excellent understanding of the EU data requirements for microbial active substances and products and of waiving strategies used to answer some of these requirements. It would be an advantage if you also have an understanding of the US regulatory requirements for such products.
- Have a first degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good communication skills with a proficient command of English.
- Have a client centred approach.
- Provide regulatory advice to our clients so that they can formulate their EU submission strategies, including the development of a programme for laboratory studies and field trials.
- Provide training and advice to the BUKL regulatory affairs group in the preparation of submission dossiers for the approval of biopesticidal active substances and for the authorisation of such products.
- Coordinate and project manage the preparation and submission of such dossiers.
- Have the main responsibility for the coordination of the post-submission processes.
- Be willing to engage on projects involving the preparation of EU submission dossiers for plant protection products containing conventional active substances.
- Attend teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with potential clients to promote the regulatory and laboratory services offered by BUKL and to provide cost estimates according to BUKLs policies.
Entry level and salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer an attractive package which includes a generous and well managed private pension scheme, private medical insurance and further insurance-related benefits and an annual bonus scheme.
Candidates wishing to apply should submit a detailed CV and cover letter.
Why should you want to be part of Battelle Crop Protection Solutions?
Battelle UK Limited (BUKL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Battelle Memorial Institute, a not-for-profit charitable foundation, and is comprised of approximately 100 scientists and operates laboratory facilities in Chelmsford, Essex and Havant, Hampshire.
We offer customers in the agrochemical and associated industries the support in developing their regulatory submission strategy and in preparing their technical dossiers for review by the regulatory authorities.
- Unity: We do what’s right for our customers, employees, our communities and Battelle’s future - always with safety and integrity at the forefront of everything that we do.
- Creativity: We use our diversity and curiosity to rapidly deploy science and technology solutions for the world.
- Collaboration: We work together and are accountable to each other, taking personal responsibility for our customers’ and Battelle’s success.
- Excellence: We are defined by a winning spirit. Coaching each other to be at our best and acting with urgency to create a thriving organisation.
- Appreciation: We value one another and recognise each other’s contributions.
Battelle is dedicated to education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). We solve global challenges through contract research, lab management, STEM education, philanthropy and volunteerism.
To find out more about Battelle and its activities please visit www.battelle.org